Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a sad day

I had a client call me today with some horrible news- his wife, Laura, had passed away at 46 years old. I was shocked, she had been in and out of the hospital the last year but I had no idea it was life threatening.
The first thing I did was check his accounts- yes I was 95% and I was then 100% relieved. In 2007, when I met these clients, the husband, Marshall, was the primary breadwinner and Laura did not work. Most of the time when the non-working spouse does not bring any monetary value to the household, he or she does not have life insurance.
I convinced them in 2007 to buy a policy on her "just in case"- to cover funeral expenses and give Marshall some time to take off to spend with his daugther and not have to worry about money for a while.
I'm glad I was able to give Marshall and their daughter this one thing in such a tragic time.
Life insurance is important, I hope this reminds everyone of that.

Laura was also a donor, so her passing allowed 5 people to have better lives through donations of her liver, skin and other organs.
RIP Laura

No comments: